Neff Dishwasher not pumping out

Our integrated dishwasher has packed up. It did not pump out. I have checked that the impeller on the pump is free to rotate, but resetting the machine and restarting it does not produce the normal pumpy type noises before the dishwasher fills. I am going to call out Neff, as it is under warranty but I know they will threaten all sorts of charges if it turns out to be not an internal fault.

To this end I thought I would check the output hose and disconnected it from the sink. It was full up and when lowered an amount of water was expelled.

At last, the question - I tried to blow through the hose from the sink end and was not able to do so. There was a small gurgling from the dishwasher, but I was able to build up a small amount of pressure. Is this normal, with a possible valve being on the outlet, or would this indicate a problem with the hose?

John

Reply to
JohnW

If water comes out, its not blocked. Check for power at the pump terminals to see if its a bad pump or bad controller - or a wire come off.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Check the impedance of the pump - see if it's gone open circuit. Check connectors.

Personally I'd trace the pump wires back to the control board and find the relay (it's usually a relay even these days) on the PCB and see whether it's a)failed or b)unsoldered itself.

Reply to
Skipweasel