Need suggestions for blanking hole in chrome taps

We've just had a couple of basin mixer taps fitted in our new extension similar to these ones:

taps are designed for a pop up waste, and as such have a knob between the tap which you lift to raise the plug via a series of linkages, (I'm sure you all know the type!). Not being a fan of this type of pop up, and not really wanting the linkages visible under our wall hung sink, we're going to install a different type of waste - either a 'coin' waste or tradition plug & chain.

The question is, can anyone recommend a way of blanking the hole, (approx 2-3mm I'd guess) that will be left by not installing the pull- up plunger? I'm thinking of something like a chrome nail that I could Araldite in place???

Any ideas gratefully received. Mike

Reply to
pepper

Could you not just cut off the knob with an inch or so of rod underneath an stick it into place in the hole?

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Reply to
John

That's my fall-back plan, but I'd like something more 'flush' if at all possible - all the better for management approval!!

Reply to
pepper

Why not use the sort of plug part that is in fact a chrome knobbed threadaded thing, that the plug chain attaches too?

Drill and tap your tap for it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The best idea is what someone else suggested ( amended slightly )Just leave the rod in situ but without it being connected to anything .That will give you a far neater finish than any bodge will. Chrome nails.Araldite ,chrome nobbed threaded thing ...FFS ....Don't even cut it shorter .who the Hell is going to be peering under your w/h basin? ...Folk living in the house will know it is just cosmetic and not use it .Thats what I did .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Dead right, pop up wastes are a right PITA, always drip/leak, pig to adjust

100% properly.

As others have suggested simply cut off the rod & leave the knob in place - the tap was meant to look like that!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman