Plughole chrome on bathroom wash basin

Hello,

The chrome on my bathroom wash basin plughole is all worn away, maybe due to bleach being used over the years. Compared to the taps - which still look like new - aesthetically, it looks very bad.

Other than replacing the entire wash basin, what options are available to me to make the plughole look like new again?

Are plugholes replaceable? It looks pretty much stuck in there to me!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Paul.

Reply to
Banana

Also, get yourself a "basin mate". Basically, its a tapered rubber washer which stops the waste from leaking. I originally fitted a new waste using silicone sealant and it leaked after 3/4 months.

Reply to
Slider

Thanks for that.

Paul.

Reply to
Banana

Easy enough to replace the plug, but if the sink is by ideal standard, and has the lift up plug via a rod through the taps, the pillocks at the ideal standard place will claim the plug comes only with the taps!!!

the ones at my parents house have lost their chrome from the outsides inwards, never used bleach, but found the culprit, my brother used to pour his half finished cans of fizzy pop down the sinks upstairs, and that's taken the chrome plating off, good stuff coca cola for cleaning and removing stuff, i used it to clean badly corroded battery terminals one year in my motorhome, it makes a toilet sparkle, does wonders for the wheels of my motorbike, but if you leave it to sit like it will round a plug hole, it'll eat the plating away.

Reply to
gazz