Neat CCTV camera installation

A neat and tidy triple CCTV camera installation here, though you'd think they would wipe the pigeon poo off the domes once in a while. Might it not have been better to mount them on a bracket with the domes facing down?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

You don't want dome cameras pointing down if they can get wet from weather, etc.

The water forms drops on the bottom which means that part of the picture will be distorted and/or fuzzy.

I would go as far as to say unheated domes shouldn't be anywhere they can get wet if they are there for surveillance.

Reply to
dennis

Why three cameras, apparently pointing in the same direction, and right next to each other? What is the motor for? It looks pretty powerful.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

En el artículo , Jeff Layman escribió:

I don't know. It was an image used in an Ars Technica article and it caught my eye, precisely because of the neatness of installation of the three cameras. It may be a railway station, judging from the part of the sign visible on the left.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

It won't open. I copied the whole address and pasted. What's this arse technica anyway?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Maybe they're not cameras.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

works

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The correct link without wrapping is

Obviously you (Bill) didn't join the bits together well enough, and Mike was stupid enough to wrap his lines.

Looks kinda impossible to sneak up on that to remove it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Lights?

Reply to
Capitol

My guess - railway station, pointed at the ticket barriers, each camera is focused on one gate, and receives a feed from the gate of the ticket data read from the magstripe (or smartcard etc) which is superimposed on the recorded video.

Similar is used on shops where the till is linked to the CCTV so the owner can prove if the assistant isn't scanning items and letting friends have freebies.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That's what went through my mind. The motor could be for a gate and the lights some sort of status of the gate. Cant otherwise see why three cameras apparent staring in the same direction as well as a Standard looking pan and tilt camera.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

En el artículo , Bob Minchin escribió:

No, they're definitely cameras. if you look at the domes, the lenses inside are pointing in slightly different directions (more or less towards the photographer). The one above is pointing 90 degrees away from them.

The suggestion of them pointing at different ticket barriers is a good idea.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Thank you

Bill