My second Plusnet bill

You should get out more

Reply to
charles

I can't get a signal indoors - except beside the window of our spare bedroom. So, I bought a Vodaphone Sure Signal device which allows me & others to use the phone indoors - via the internet.

Reply to
charles

Snap! I have a mobile which I take with me whilst driving - just in case something bad happens. It is O2 and it would seem that I have to make a call every 6 months to keep the account active. I don't like this. BTW, if you want to create a Yahoo account it would seem that you need a mobile phone to do so.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

That's good, but not as a standby Internet service!

Reply to
Roger Hayter

If you watch "Can't Pay, Won't Pay" there are many occasions where the person tries to pay their debt using a card reader, only for there to be no mobile signal, so the enforcers have to drive up country lanes in their van until they can get one bar!

Bloody useless.

Reply to
swldxer1958

We currently get 40Mb/s on FTTC. While some mobile networks can match that, they wouldn't allow the data volume (slowing down with high useage or not allowing tethering at all on unlimited packages) - my eldest son watches a lot of Netflix and also downloads numerous varieties of OS to try. One month he managed 450GB by himself!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Each of my sons manages about 400GB in an average month. My wfe and I only manage to push that up to about 1 TB.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Rubbish.

I don't have one either.

In this "modern age" lots of people take drugs, or pretend that the NHS is 'free', but again not me.

Reply to
Andrew

Fact.

There will always be a few luddites.

Reply to
Jac Brown

I think my last landline call was over a week ago, so why would I pay for a mobile phone so just sit there unused? I have a TV, two laptops, 4 GPSs and only the TV costs me in the licence fee.

Reply to
swldxer1958

I thought you had a cheap sat phone ?.

I might get one for emergencies but only if battery lasted for at least 30 days without use before needing a recharge.

Reply to
Andrew

The SIM card ran out in 2016 and as I am not going on any cruises this year, I am not topping it up yet.

Reply to
swldxer1958

My wife has one, but she relies on my Nuvicam and 3790T to locate restaurants and booked hotels. Her phone goes "bleep" when we enter a new country though, if that is any good.

Reply to
swldxer1958

I don't need one, so why buy one ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you do that.

Reply to
Jac Brown

I am FAR from a Luddite as far as technology is concerned, but I just find mobile phones a complete waste of time and money.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Useful in place of fast disappearing functioning phone boxes.

Reply to
Max Demian

If you have no one to speak to, nor anyone who wants to speak to you, I can see your point.

Reply to
Fredxx

I bet.

Nb "After" 1 hour it's too late....