multifunction Miele washing-machine

Currently researching a replacement washing machine.

Apparently the Miele I'm looking at has a Hygiene setting especially "For items where a high level of hygiene is required. Eliminates bacteria from baby bottles, chopping boards etc."

Excellent!

Reply to
usenet2012

Bet it's noisy on fast spin.

Reply to
Titus Aduxass

Guess who cut and pasted the information from the dishwasher brochure?

Reply to
Huge

If it were any good, you should be able to shove the baby in and get rid of the germs at source.

Reply to
Kenny

Stick your knob in a Hoover Constellation and you'd get rid of the baby at source.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Lets hope its more reliable than that ill fated Dysan maching with contra rotating 2 part drum and computer control... Still at least they do admit to that being a white elephant.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Even on slow spin, maybe even noisier.

Reply to
Davey

They all do that sir.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hygiene and babies in the same sentence? They are just mobile germ banks that people insist on kissing

Reply to
stuart noble

Almost 7 billion people on the planet. This could take some time... :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

It was a rhetorical question ...

Reply to
Huge

No almost about it. That milestone has been passed.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Huh, I'd googled 'world population' beforehand and it had coughed up

6,973,738,433 - but I now see that figure's from 2011. Silly google. :-)
Reply to
Jules Richardson

Siri is even less up to date with 6.79 billion people (2009 estimate).

Oh, and the washing-machine that offers the hygiene setting? It's the Miele W5000 WPS Supertronic which, at a John Lewis price of £2899, really ought to be able to do a whole lot more on top!!!

usenet2012

anyone needs during their drying cycle. Sounds like a sales gimmick for the gullible.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The Miele W5000 isn't a dishwasher, it's a clothes washer. Someone at Miele has apparently made a mistake in the advert linked to.

Reply to
John Williamson

Doh, lost track of the thread and thought it was about dishwashers. My mistake. Still sounds like a sales gimmick though. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Reading the responses, it's been a chance to take the mickey for everyone.

They do mention using steam in the washer, so I'm wondering if their "hygiene" program is what Bosch call a 90 degree wash on my machine.

Reply to
John Williamson

My Samsung has a hygiene "wash", basically if your clothes aren't dirty you can hot air wash them to kill bacteria. Just how it differs from a tumble dry I do not know.

Reply to
dennis