Extruded aluminium box

I have an extruded aluminium box - approx 6x4x2" - which has mouldings on the side which the correct mounting brackets slide into. And they are missing. I've seen this same box in various sizes used on several things, but can't find a supplier. Any guesses?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Peter Parry

Lots of Google hits on *diecast aluminium enclosures* Farnell, RS Comps. etc.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sounds like something I used to get from RS Components

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Diecast != extruded.

This any good Dave?

Dave Liquorice

Its probaly a 'DIN RAIL Enclosure'

boxes made to standard dimensions into which rails and stuff can be slid.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reading my post back tells me perhaps it wasn't clear. These are external brackets - designed to panel mount etc the box which slide into mouldings on the outside sides of the box. Sort of full modular construction rather than having a mounting flange as part of the extrusion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not really - extruded can be made in any length then simply cut as required. Die cast is the size of the die.

to sell from their site.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perzackerly != means "not equal", should I have used

Any leads from the CPC link if the brackets listed there are no use, different manufacturer I think.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In the distant past, when I had a proper job, ISTR aluminium boxes where the sides were an extrusion to which you screwed a diecast top and bottom.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The CPC ones have these,

shows it a bit more clearly.