Multi saw tip/hack

nope

Now sure that "saw blade" sums up what it is. ISTM that there are only a limited set of applications where that will be useful.

Reply to
John Rumm

+1.

Maybe a theatrical set builder would find it useful.

Reply to
newshound

I found standard hacksaw blades work wonderfully in my reciprocating Sabre saw. The hole for the lug on the handsaw frame locates perfectly in the Sabre saw.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Hadn't realised that. Though sabre saw blades have a "step" on them to stop the blade pivoting around the drive hole under load. Maybe the clamp holds hacksaw blades OK too.

Reply to
newshound

A lot may already know of it but a couple of large jubilee clips clamped around the blade of a reciprocating saw and the can makes short work of shaking a rattle can of paint, a lot less tiring and it ensures the paint is mixed really well especially if it is an oldish can with contents well settled. I keep an old blade with the points blunted with an angle grinder and with some insulation tape wrapped around it make it a little more grippy for the purpose.

PS , Make sure the can nozzle is firm or take it off as it may fly off into the black hole that most workplaces have that ensure small components disappear into another dimension.

GH

Reply to
Marland