Much better now.

A few days ago I introduced a filter on this usenet mailing list to eliminate all posts coming from google groups. I strongly recommend you all do the same.

It is now a very pleasant experience to read the list. True, some threads start with a troll-feeder, and sometimes I miss the start of an interesting thread where the OP is using GG. Like the poor, we will always have trolls and troll feeders, but over-quoting means that I seldom miss the gist of the very very few interesting threads started in GG.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

How nice. I guess you're happy to use the Google archives though

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Good for you, YouOldFart.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

In message , TheOldFellow wrote

I did the same for all usenet groups that I subscribe to and it's made a big difference, in a positive way, to the readability of the groups.

Reply to
Alan