More LED oddities.

Flier from Toolstation today:-
LED GU 10 5w (equiv 55w) (1.80 each as part of a 5 pack)
GLS style 8w (equiv 60w) (2.50 each as part of a 6 pack)
A mains GU 10 halogen is probably as efficient as mains tungsten come. GLS tungsten not so.
--
*Virtual reality is its own reward *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I thought there was a move to get people buying by lumens, rather than ever changing actual or equivalent wattages?
But then allowing for the directional (e.g. GU10) or omni(ish) output (e.g. GLS) I suppose getting everyone to understand lumens per steradian would be rather hopeful ...

I'd have thought a comparison with the tungsten they were replacing quite useful? But then I've never seen a 55w tungsten GU10.

Normal ploy is confuse the hell out of the ordinary person so they can't do an instant comparison. Like using odd weights for packets of crisps or whatever. And that famous one - 'contents may settle'.
--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

I prefer "average contents 1"
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Who cares if you're buying by weight.
On 16/11/2016 16:03, Tim Streater wrote:

Well I would want big tits and not a fat belly.
--
Adam

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 19:15:24 UTC, ARW wrote:

Then you need to be a little more precise with your hormone treatment .

All a bit like cameras with the 35mm equivalent when defining lenses. Most camera users now will not have had a 35mm camera. Let alone a SLR that makes a SLR noise. View Angle would be better in my opinion. Easier to visualise.
and particularly the people who write adverts no doubt.
Brian
--
----- -