More LED oddities.

Flier from Toolstation today:-

LED GU 10 5w (equiv 55w) (1.80 each as part of a 5 pack)

GLS style 8w (equiv 60w) (2.50 each as part of a 6 pack)

A mains GU 10 halogen is probably as efficient as mains tungsten come. GLS tungsten not so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought there was a move to get people buying by lumens, rather than ever changing actual or equivalent wattages?

But then allowing for the directional (e.g. GU10) or omni(ish) output (e.g. GLS) I suppose getting everyone to understand lumens per steradian would be rather hopeful ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd have thought a comparison with the tungsten they were replacing quite useful? But then I've never seen a 55w tungsten GU10.

Normal ploy is confuse the hell out of the ordinary person so they can't do an instant comparison. Like using odd weights for packets of crisps or whatever. And that famous one - 'contents may settle'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I prefer "average contents 1"

Reply to
charles

Who cares if you're buying by weight.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well I would want big t*ts and not a fat belly.

Reply to
ARW

Andy Burns wrote in news:e93bflFm7v6U1 @mid.individual.net:

All a bit like cameras with the 35mm equivalent when defining lenses. Most camera users now will not have had a 35mm camera. Let alone a SLR that makes a SLR noise. View Angle would be better in my opinion. Easier to visualise.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

and particularly the people who write adverts no doubt.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Then you need to be a little more precise with your hormone treatment .

Reply to
whisky-dave