more cash

woo hoo second premium bond win since feb...woo hoo £50 this time....better than my 0.01 % ISA any day....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In article <s4km3b$s48$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Jim GM4DHJ ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com writes

So you've got it!! First time in about 6 months I haven't had a prize.

Reply to
bert

Got two prizes surely. All the tiddler prizes are normally £25

Reply to
Andrew

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 10:09:16 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote: <snip>

Have the free food boxes stopped then?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

So far this year I am up to 0.2% total return on my PB's so I have doubled bank base rate and 20 times the rate on a good many deposit accounts.

Now that we have started a new tax year some of it will be shovelled off the share ISA fairly soon.

Will it be "Sell in May and come back on St Leger day" again this year ?. (it was last year). April is a tricky month for investing.

Reply to
Andrew

Shovelled off *into* the share ISA, not the reverse.

Reply to
Andrew

yes the wee bitch never started them again at the latest lockdown......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

first was 25 this one was 50

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I just like the fun of premium bonds....I'm not a gambler and I like to keep my stake.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Had £15 of premium bonds for a birthday when I was about 10 years old.

63 years on and not a single win (and yes, they are "in the system", I just installed the App - it might bring me luck!!)
Reply to
Davidm

In two years time you will only £25 prizes if other peoples experiences are anything to go by.

Reply to
Andrew

Oh. My top performing fund* reached 114% annual return today. It wont last of course - unique conditions of covid and extremely loose fiscal policy.

But it's nice to have capital growth exceeding spending for a year or two.

*Baillie Gifford American B Acc
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But crashed 40% between Feb 15th and March 22nd 2021 and as you have already told us you didn't invest until November last year.

Reply to
Andrew