Modern Light Switches

Years ago while abroad, I remember using wall light switches whose rocker was the whole panel.

My new home has 6-year old ivory switches and I woud like to replace them with some similar to those described.

The nearest I could find were these:

But they just look like only part of something else.

I am not keen on the latest chinese plot to take over our waste bins - the smart switch. It is bad enough having my wife argue with Alexa, i don't need a smart switch to start re-ordering itself every five minuters!

Anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
pinnerite

Searching for "wide rocker light switch" turns up some that are full width, others that are just a bit oversized, varying in ugliness ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was looking for something similar earlier today. Screwfix list 3 different ones, Toolstation show 1 and Wickes have one - for mail order only.

Reply to
charles

I remember them and think they were intended for the disabled.

What's wrong with letting the wife argue with Alexa, it stops her arguing with you?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

On 24 Sep 2021, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote

That's undoubtedly right, but we have them in a numbxer of rooms in our non-disabled house -- they're useful when you want to switch the lights on in a dark room by just hitting in the general direction of the wall plate without finding a fiddly switch.

Not a big deal, but useful.

Alexa and her like are the spawn of the devil, innit....

Reply to
HVS

Alexa, tell me a Dad Joke ..... :)

Reply to
GB

GB has brought this to us :

.... Why does Bilbo Baggins always eat his dinner at noon......

Ans - He was a creature of habit.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

They were promoted as being more stylish and modern than the traditional switch, much in the same way as the inductive plate switches, which had no moving parts.

Reply to
nightjar

Try these.

Tim Streater

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

nightjar

I did not like those since they were easy to knock on and off as you passed by if you were carrying something, like a box. Also they felt flimsy to me at least. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Very close but those are very expensive and look prone to showing wear quickly. Thank you.

Reply to
pinnerite

I just found these:

but I would like to hear from someone who tried the,.

- Mint 20.04, kernel 5.4.0-42-generic, Cinnamon 4.6.7 running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 8GB of DRAM.

Reply to
pinnerite

Looks like it needs to be fitTED into a frame

Andy Burns

I fitted some like that 30 years ago and over the past few years replaced them all with "standard" type as I refurbished each room.

The front panel/rocker wasn't smooth plastic but a rough spark eroded type surface texture and looked somewhat dirty once operated by someone with unwashed hands. It was removable and easy to wash.

Reply to
alan_m