Modern keys...

There's some shit you only do once,

Let the door lock behind you,

Put unleaded in the diesel car,

Trap your c*ck end in your pants zip,

etc.

Reply to
R D S

Bit of metal heated with a blowlamp, applied to the correct part of the frame and you just melt your way in.

Crittall windows don't have this problem :-)

Or they just throw a suitable paving slab through the glass.

Reply to
Andrew

My doors are solid wood, but some are glazed to the point where breaking panes and unbolting them would be trivial

same for windows.

Or an angle grinder would work. No one would hear it

I don't have much if any valuable stuff. As long as the insurance pays for what little I have

Prezactly.

If people want to get in and come with tools, they can.

Locks only deter random burglars

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It depends where you hide the key.

Reply to
alan_m

Indeed. Then I installed a backup method of entry.

When I did that, I fitted a Fuel Angel to stop me doing it again. Then I went to an unfamiliar garage and managed to defeat the Fuel Angel.

Not done that. But the scene from Something About Mary is graven on my memory: "We've got a bleeder!"

Reply to
Bob Eager