modern condensing boiler vs. dacades old standard boiler,

You must eff off as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

People would think more of you if you were to simply admit you were speaking nonsense rather than try to dig ever deeper. Still your call.

And when like Colin you have not got a shower?

Care to provide a citation, or are you making stuff up again?

Are you hard of understanding? (rhetorical question) - all of those are electrically heated. Most are not to UK spec with multiple safety interlocks.

electric and in the US again, so pointless.

irrelevant again...

Oh you drooling retard, lets try again, here is the question:

If you heat one via an indirect coil from your CH boiler, how do you propose causing a steam explosion now? You need multiple failures in the boiler (over temp stat failed, pump failure, pressure release valve failure), to enable it to boil water and start superheated steam production. You then need multiple failures in the cylinder such as over temp and over pressure valve failures. Chances of getting all these happening at once?

Now try answering that, rather than the different unrelated question you seem to prefer answering.

Reply to
John Rumm

Please buy and unvented cylinder and blow up. Please do. You need to blow up. It will do you good.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't want to fill a bath slowly and, with a cylinder backup, I wouldn't need to.

I have never been taken with showers. It is far nicer to relax in a bath full of hot water.

No use to me, for the reasons already given

Not a problem

So what?

Nor will a properly maintained unvented cylinder.

We are all going to do that.

So, something that is designed to work at about 6 bar and that normally contains an incompressible fluid is more dangerous than something working at nearly twice the pressure and that normally contains highly compressed gas? You really have no idea what you are talking about.

None of which appear to have happened in Britain.

Have you not yet realised that trivial savings are of no interest to me?

And would be massive overkill for me, as I am installing a 15kW unit.

Optional on the Vaillant, but I wouldn't have got my trade discount had I gone for it.

Not in my opinion

So, how did I know they are Dutch?

Again, so what?

As it is with air receiver safety valves.

I need 210 litres of water, not all hot, once a day for my bath. I would have gone for the 125 litre tank, but there was a special offer on the

155 litre one and it was in stock.

Massive overkill for my needs though.

No, but I do know what a 155 litre one costs and I have it sitting in a box awaiting installation.

As I said elsewhere, you are entitled to your opinions, but don't expect me to share them.

I did.

Your repeated use of this word in completely the wrong context can only lead me to conclude that you have absolutely no idea of what it means.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I wonder if dribble has ever pondered why tests of steam boilers etc are carried out with water rather than gas?

The only time there is an explosive risk with a water filled pressure vessel is when it can be super heated to above boiler point. Not something you are going to achieve with a conventional wet CH system.

Reply to
John Rumm

That would involve rational thought and at least some understanding of why and how pressure vessels explode.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

This man is from Essex.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man should live in Essex.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Take an old gas cooker oven and install some sort of heat exhanger matrix piping water in and and out. A few car radiators maybe?

How reliable, efficient, legal or stupid would that be?

Reply to
Adrian C

Now we have highlighted this lack of understanding, he will either have to carry on prattling about explosions - confirming his complete lack of a clue, or he will have to switch to insults / or the usual barrage of non sequiturs - confirming his complete lack of clue, but at least acknowledging that he knows he is clueless.

I wonder which it will be?

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry, just read the rest of the thread and am jostling to look like a greater idiot than the other one. Please disregard, I should get to bed...

Reply to
Adrian C

Reliable - so so, until the rads fail due to high heat stress or pressure, or get clogged up with soot.

Efficiency - pants

legal - possibly since you could probably avoid modifying the gas appliance.

Power output - about as dismal as half an electric shower!

Still, as ideas go it a fair bit more credible than some of dribbles. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

You are an idiotic Essex Chav!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You are a bigger idiot than the Essex Chav.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Soot? He hasn't a clue!!!!!! He is from Essex you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Wahay - we have a result, and so soon.

That looks like: "usual barrage of non sequiturs - confirming his complete lack of clue, but at least acknowledging that he knows he is clueless" to me.

Well done dribble, admitting your failing is at least a step on the road to recovery.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not much danger of that - dribble has spent more than a decade in this group refining his level of idiocy, I can't see anyone trumping him without many serious late night sessions at the font of human ignorance.

Reply to
John Rumm

You are an idiotic Essex Chav!

Reply to