MK products

Is there an on-line retailer that has a decent range of MK products? They seem to have a huge range of products - most of which I wouldn't have a clue where to get my hands on!

I'm specifically after some CAT5 modules/faceplates in Logic+ style and some aspect satin chrome light switches. I've had a good look round on google and tried CPC, TLC, RS etc. and can't find either. I'd also try some other manufacturers but I think the quality of the MK kit is head and shoulders above everything else I've seen.

I'm quite wary of local trade merchants as I always get the feeling as a DIY'er they have a certain resentment for what I'm asking and want to charge extraordinary prices! Saying that though I would be happy for a recommendation of an electrical wholesaler in Leeds/Bradford if any of you have had a particularly good experience.

TIA

Reply to
RayDavis

Try David Harrison and Sons of Huddersfield

Reply to
James Salisbury

I don't know if they go up to Leeds/Bradford, but WF seem to be an MK stockist, although just about any electrical wholesaler will get MK bits and pieces for you.

I use MK for the things they make themselves, but I'm not impressed with some of the bits they buy in, and I doubt they manufacture any of the data wiring products. If you particularly want them in Logic+ style, then that's a different matter, but otherwise I would go for one of the cabling system manufacturers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , RayDavis writes

I use Falcon, in Leeds a few of times. They were pretty helpful when I went in looking for a suitably IP rated CU for a greenhouse. Didn't have something exactly in stock, but managed to put something together for me from a suitable enclosure, + various bits etc.

Falcon Electrical Wholesalers Falcon House, Sheepscar St South, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS7 1AZ Tel: 0113 244 1003

Reply to
chris French

In article , RayDavis writes

I've always found City Electrical Factors to be OK for one-offs. There are a couple of branches in your area.

NB: They aren't the cheapest, if you want cheap.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

I don't know about the above componets but B&Q sell MK equipment. The Superstores just do the normal light and 13 amp power stuff, but the Warehouses do a larger range and may cover what you need. You probably already checked but they may do some of it on line, though I'm sure they don't do the whole range, just cherry picking the catalogue leaving those who want something more unusual out in the cold.

Roger

Reply to
Roger R

The K182WHI is a Logic Plus 2 module faceplate. The K184WHI is a 4 module faceplate. The faceplates take standard 25mmx50mm modules which they will also be happy to sell you, although you aren't limited to MK as a supplier as the modules are standardised.

Try actually phoning TLC. They'll probably get them in for you.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

So you missed them?

Plates: (gang/module):

1/1 PL00608 1/2 PL00609 2/3 PL00610 2/4 PL00611

Cat5 module: PL00614

Reply to
Bob Eager