drylining with kingspan

I'm just going to dryline a cold bay with kingspan, and note that the advised method is to put insulation on the brick, foil tape the joints, add battons forming a cavity, then plasterboard on top. What purpose does the cavity serve? I was hoping to screw the hole lot together without the battons.

Reply to
VisionSet

KIngspan is not a "full Fill" insulation, so in a normal wall, you still need the air gap.

I don't know if you need the air gap when adding an extra layer to an existing wall. However where will you put the battons if you don't have the gap ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I always put wall - cavity - Kingpan - plasterboard as you get more support for the plasterboard and it doesn't sound so hollow. The cavity is ventilated slightly to the outside to stop build up of moisture. Whether you need it in your case has to be your call.

Reply to
Mike