MK Essentials

Look on the bright side, a cheap Chinese MK socket is the perfect partner for your Whirlpool dryer and Beco fridge.

Reply to
Graham.

First there was Tesco Value ... then Asda Smartprice ... now

Low prices shouldn't mean low quality. The MK Essentials range is perfect for smaller budgets, but with the reliabillity [sic] and performance you'd expect from MK.

Personally I think they look suspiciously like Lucky Golden Hedgehog brand stuff on ebay.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

pretty ugly ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

is nothing sacred in this world.......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Guangdong Lonon Electric Appliance Co.,Ltd is one of the market leaders in wiring devices, lighting industry in China and has been providing high quality electric products, lighting and ventilation products to the users. Lonon is in the process of excellent brand name image in China and has been awarded with many honorable titles and appraisals, such as "Chinese famous trademark", "National Inspection-free Products", "Guangdong famous trademark" and "Guangdong products with famous brand name" etc.

Honeywell Lonon Electrical Systems Technology(Guangdong) Co.,Ltd.,established in January, 2008 as a new joint venture comany between Honeywell International Inc. and Guangdong Lonon Electric Appliance Co.,Ltd., which are endeavoring for the wiring devices,lighting products and system solutions which are more safety, more confortable and more energy saving for the world. The company locates in Xiaolan Town, Zhongshan of Guangdong Province; occupies 100 thousand square meters and has more than 1800 employees currently.

They could at least employ an English-speaking copy-editor.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

personally

I like the styling

(making no comment on the quality)

tim

Reply to
tim...

I thought you were taking the piss until I came to the link.

Reply to
Andrew May

But with four 2-way switches in a single gang faceplate it saves money on a double back box too!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

everything made in china is just junk ....no pun intended....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

me too I couldn't find any golden hedgehog gear on ebait ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Ashley will go next....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

With a massive saving of 21p at Screwfix but a mare of a job trying to squeeze all the wires into it not to mention the satisfaction your customer is going to get trying to switch one of four closely spaced switches especially for someone visually impaired.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

The widespread dissemination of knowledge and knowhow via the Internet bodes ill for countries such as Brit and Yank which have relied on dominating the world with their industries.

Now, anyone can have a go at whatever takes their fancy.

As far as Brit goes, old industries such as ship-building and Tin mining are performed better in the Far East already.

A case in point is the embargo in both countries on the Huawei communications technology which could be more advanced spying-wise than anything the CIA or GCHQ have.

Much of the world's semiconductor industry is already in proto-China, AKA Taiwan. The current democracy crack-down in Hong Kong does not bode well for Taiwan.

Were China to take over Taiwan, neither Brit nor Yank would respond with anything more aggressive than a paper tiger, and both would stand aside just as they have done with Tibet. No longer does the Dalai Lama reign supreme from the Potala Palace.

</WAFFLE MODE>
Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

we are all doomed....doomed doomed I tell yee ..............

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Who owns the MK name these days. Its all about pretending that a brand is what it used to be. I mean the early affordable DVD players were branded Warfdale. The early dolby cassette decks were branded Bell and Howell. Nobody for a second thought these were the makers. They were brand engineered. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Lucky Golden Hedgehog is the uk.d-i-y nomenclature for Chinese no-brand stuff. I don't know who first used the term but it goes back at least to 2002:

Andy Dingley 12/02/2002 I bought a Lucky Golden Hedgehog from a big B&Q Warehouse, which seems to be the same as the Clarke et al. with the stainless top. Seems like a good piece of kit; leaves a nice cut, shows no signs of wear, shows no sign of breaking.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

And makes sure you hit the wrong one every time. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Keep on believing it, Jim. Once out of the EU, the UK can again take its rightful place as the world's leading manufacturer. Lead by that ace engineer, Boris.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

including your iPhone?

tim

Reply to
tim...

Jim GM4DHJ ... brought next idea :

They turn out both top quality stuff, including quite a lot for the worlds big names, as well as some absolute tat. Just as we once used to.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield