mixer-taps

my kitchen mixer tap is dripping, presumably I need to replace the washer or whatever. It's a Carron Pheonix Aztec. (similar to this one:

There is a collar around the neck of the outlet pipe, do I remove this and if so do I have to turn the hot and cold water supplies off?

Thanks for any help

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Are they quarter turn taps? If so, they probably have ceramic discs rather than conventional washers.

I imaging you get at them by removing the knobs. There's probably a screw under the red and blue markers in the centre of the knobs.

You *will* need to turn the water off before dismantling the tap. Hopefully you have a quarter-turn service valve on each supply pipe? You shouldn't need to disturb the outlet spout.

Reply to
Set Square