Dripping monobloc tap

We have a Carron Pheonix monobloc tap in our kitchen, it's dripping from the spout and I can't for the life of me figure out where the washers are, or even what type of washers they are likely to be. I's a quarter turn type as shown here

anyone help?

Thanks

Mrs Bob

Reply to
Bob

Is there not a screw under the coloured disk, or do the knobs not just pull off?

IIUC, you will need a new ceramic cartrdige (posh washer) if the existing one is damaged and hence letting water through. The cartridges need special tools (apparently) to take them apart - although why anyone would bother, as you can only buy complete cartridges, is beyond me..

Sorry I can't help more - I have old fashioned taps with old fashioned washers.

Thanks for the web site, incidently. I had no idea that there were so many different types of kitchen taps. I really fancy those that you can use with your elbows (as seen in "Emergency Ward 10") but they don't seem to do those.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Is it worth asking Carron to supply replacement part(s) and fitting instructions?

a2z

: > Thanks : >

: > Mrs Bob : : Is it worth asking Carron to supply replacement part(s) and fitting : instructions? : :

I did email Carron a fortnight ago and no reply so far, I have sent a further email today.

MrsBob :

Reply to
Bob

: Is there not a screw under the coloured disk, or do the knobs not just : pull off? : : IIUC, you will need a new ceramic cartrdige (posh washer) if the : existing one is damaged and hence letting water through. The cartridges : need special tools (apparently) to take them apart - although why anyone : would bother, as you can only buy complete cartridges, is beyond me.. : : Sorry I can't help more - I have old fashioned taps with old fashioned : washers. : : Thanks for the web site, incidently. I had no idea that there were so : many different types of kitchen taps. I really fancy those that you can : use with your elbows (as seen in "Emergency Ward 10") but they don't : seem to do those. : : : -- : Sue : Glad the web site was useful, you might want to try this one

there are lots of others.

Brenda (MrsBob) : :

Reply to
Bob

Monobloc taps have a ceramic disc valve. If the valve is worn out you will probably have to replace the whole disc valve cartridge with a Carron replacement unit. The following web page explains why they go wrong and what is involved in repair -

See

(bottom half of page, if you haven't already seen it) for information about dripping taps, and how to find out how to obtain spares if you still have the fitting instructions.

Carron email is snipped-for-privacy@carron.com and phone number is 01324 638321.

If you can't get advice/spares/fitting instructions from Carron then it's either put up with the dripping or fit a new tap.

Reply to
a2z

That's what I've got, and I love them. I'm not a doctor, I'm a mechanic, so I can turn the taps with my elbows when I'm covered in swarfega. And even better, they were free, because I nicked it/them off a sink that was going in the scrap metal skip.

The downside is that whenever I set the levers so that they're parallel with the back edge of the sink, the Mrs keeps pushing them back till they almost touch the window.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Very frustrating! Can't you fix a piece of metal or wood that projects from the tap handle to the wall to stop it going back so far? An L-shaped bit of metal held on with a Jubilee clip is one answer.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Ah, so it's not just men that break taps by wrenching them shut and smashing the washers! Women ! Tsk ;-) I was thining of getting this sort of tap to stop 'himself' turning my taps shut so hard that we have to use a tea towel to turn them on again... thinking cap back on, I was considering those push/timer taps you get in public loos...

Vj

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

You here?

Is nothing sacred?

This is a diy group and you don't even have your own toolbox!!

Reply to
EricP

Sorry sir

Nope

I do too! I've recently upgraded to a shiny red Stack-On And it's all very interesting stuff in here, I've hung doors and fixed leaks at the recommendations of these chaps and chapesses :-)

Back into hiding again now :-) Vj

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

You've got the red shiny stack-on one!