Tap constantly dripping?

I fitted a new kitchen tap for a customer 2 weeks ago.

Got a call last week, saying it was always dripping. So I had a look, and yes, it was, so I fitted a new pair of quarter turn inserts. Thought that would be the end of it. Got a call today, it was still dripping. Took it apart again, couldnt see anything at all wrong. Just to be sure, I changed the inserts again, for a set I had in my van, these were traditional rubber washer ended taps, not the quarter turn inserts. Put it all back together, and it was still dripping.

No, it wasnt the water left in the tap dripping out, it was still dripping 3 hours later. Where am I going wrong?

Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Got to be a fualty tap matey. Porous casting? Did you supply the tap or did the customer?

If its not the pipework to the tap leaking it isn't really your fault.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I thought that myself, I've got to go to Screwfix tomorrow, so i'll just get a new tap, then take this one apart to try and find the fault. The tap was a freebie with a new sink, so although overall, I havent lost out, it would have been £40ish extra in my pocket if it worked.

No, the pipework is fine. Rather annoying, as I've used 2 packs of inserts, though they can be used again. Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

The seating may have a flaw.

Reply to
John

Just because the tap was "free" (or included in the price!) doesn't mean you cant get a replacement from the supplier!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby