removing and adding kitchen monobloc tap , does tap spanner exist?

Dear All,

I'm a bit stuck. I need to remove the old monobloc kitchen tap. It seems to held on with a 10mm-ish nut on a long screw bolt. I can't get at it with a spanner because of the sink well. Normally you use a tap spanner but does such a thing exist for this type of kitchen tap.

A quick look in B&Q showed that most monoblock taps are held in place like this. The B&Q suggestion was to remove the complete sink but this is a huge pain because the dishwasher is located under the drainer part of the sink.

Any ideas for the correct tool to use?

thanks

Davy

Reply to
davy

You can get a hex adapter thingy that slots over the nut and is operated using a flat head screwdriver on the other end. They often come with the taps - I've probably got a few lying around. If the new tap doesn't have one, email me your address and I can send you one.

Andrew

davy wrote:

Reply to
auctions

Use a box spanner or, if the thread doesn't come too far through the nut, a 10mm socket. I recently did this using a box spanner; to get it far enough below the bowl for a tommy bar I just joined the box spanners end-end.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I also used a box spanner but with a hex socket and extension bar on the other end

Tony

Reply to
TMC

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "davy" saying something like:

3/8" drive deep socket and long extension bar with small ratchet handle.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

There is such a thing as a Crows Foot. Basically, it is a non cranked ring spanner that has enough of the ring cut out to pass over the bolt threads. Going the other direction, it is cut off on the shank so that there is just enough room for a ratchet extension hole to be put there.

'crow+foot+spanners'&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=titleCut and paste this into your browser and see what I mean. Now why didn't that come out as I direct link, I wonder.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Any proper plumbing shop will have box spanners for this job, set of 3 inc tommy bar arouns a £5.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dear All,

as ever this group is eternally useful.

I'll take a trip to Plumbase at lunchtime to find box spanners.

thanks

Davy

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Reply to