Monobloc tap fixing advice

A small disaster yesterday, one of the small copper pipes connecting to the kitchen sink monobloc tap snapped off. It had to be the high pressure cold! .. the chipboard panels on the unit have been ruined.

I have now replaced the copper pipes with small flexibles but I have found the reason for the original failure ... they were being used to help secure the tap. Now the monobloc is very floppy on the thin stainless steel sink..

Is there supposed to be a securing bracket for these taps to take the strain ? All that's on the base of the tap is the 2 pipe threads and a threaded bolt.

tia Chris

Reply to
Kris

Thanks John , my tap is fitted correctly reading your info.

The problem must be the stainless steel being too thin, not rigid enough to hold the monobloc steady. I think I will try to use the threaded bar to attach a tie rod and fix to back of unit or wall ... might help.

If it wasn't for the expense of a new sink I would prefer to revert to normal taps, monoblocs are a flood waiting to happen.

Reply to
Kris

If you don't tighten the nut enough the tap moves about and if you over tighten it the washer warps and won't provides a secure waterproof fit so be very careful.

Reply to
StealthUK

Hello Kris

Some sinks are made from absurdly thin stainless and this can flex an awful lot with the heavier taps. Sometimes it can be remedied by cutting a piece of metal to go underneath and drilling/cutting out holes for the pipes - acting like a giant washer.

Reply to
Simon Avery