Kitchen sink suppliers - any pointers?

I am looking for a mid-range (well, low-range, but not the £30-type from the sheds) kitchen sink + tap for a flat that I intend to let. Preferably at sub £100 all in (waste, etc) for the two, with a single lever tap. I recognise that I will need a new kitchen every few years, so no point in spending more.

This one cought my eye

.Any better deals around to consider? Any thought on my choice?

Many thanks.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Take a poke around a B&Q warehouse....

Reply to
Darren

I did. BEst I could find was a similar Franke offer, but for a 1.5 bowl (I only need 1), and a much inferior tap - all for £129.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Have you looked at Ikea? I put their double bowl plus drainer sink into my utility room and was very pleased with the quality - much better than the Baumatic one I have elsewhere.

Reply to
Tony Eva

I went for an IKEA one too. It had a much slicker edge than the ones in Wickes and B&Q, and more importantly, their stock is inaccessible to customers so they aren't all dented and bent.

One tip -- mount the tap separately in the worktop behind the sink and not on the stainless steel sink itself. I decided to do this myself when I saw how flimsey the taps mounted in the sink were on the display models, and I don't regret that at all.

I can't recall the total price, but it was probably slightly over the OP's £100 target. I think the sink was around £60 (1.5 bowl, single drainer, stainless steel), the waste plumbing around £25, and I don't remember how much the tap was, but probably more than the remaining £15. I also bought flexible versions of the 10mm tap connectors with isolating valves to make fitting easier. The spout on the IKEA tap (or lack thereof) was the only poor part of the setup, but I fitted an airator/ spray head on it so that didn't matter.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Current price for a 1-bowl SS inset sink with drainer is £40 and I believe that includes the waste kit (traps, strainers, overflow and pipework). Leaves plenty of change for a decent tap.

Reply to
Tony Eva

Try PlumbCentre

Reply to