Any advice re electrical spayers for wood stain and Acrylic or PU finish.

Hello

Can some one please advise me on wood finishing as other than spaying alloy wheels with acrylic car type spray cans i have no other spaying experience, and none finishing wood beyond sanding to 1200 wet or dry paper.

I want to spray some stain and then top coat with Acrylic, only cos i've heard its an easy finish the worst than can happen with care is orange peel which can be flattened with fine wet or dry then polished up (which i have not doen any of either) to a fine deep mirror finish?

Is This true or will i be unable to get an excellent finish on my veneer mdf boards with acrylic, and or these tools and methods.

So to start i need to buy some equipment, i have seen, a wood polishing kit on ebay item no 591255235:

comments, advise, experiences or alternatives on much appreciated.

And i have seen a range or electric sprayers like the earlex models and some other all are cheap on ebay. And around £25 in argos but i guess they are all no good cos in argos they state garden fencing and decking as uses and not furniture. So do i really need to fork out £60 for the earlex 3000 in argos whose description does state furniture. or is there another cheap better value entry option.

Again comments, advise, experiences or alternatives on much appreciated.

Kindest regarde and thanks in advance.

Ps please mail post to this forum as i dont use this email add.

Reply to
Sharky

I'm just curious, did you spay the wheels to keep them from reproducing or to modify their behavior?

;-) Glen

Reply to
Glen

Stain needs to be wiped off after it sets a bit, why spray it?

Reply to
Leon

Hi Glen thanks for spotting my typo. I sprayed them metallic blue then lacqured them.

Any help regarding the post would be much appreciated.

Regards Sharkyriq

Reply to
Sharky

Hi Leon This would be to get a more even blended coating and not soo splotchy absorption.

Regards

Reply to
Sharky

Reply to