Melted

Unlikely for someone to be confused between an electrical socket and a hip joint socket.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Whoops! For some reason a triple adapter decided to melt. Two things were plugged in at the time, both rated at 1kW, one switched on, one not. Both devices are still functional and undamaged. No fuses have blown, including the one in the photo, although when I noticed the problem (the day after I was using the 1kW device which I switched off normally the day before) neither device would operate, presumably the fuse had fallen out of the holder. >I can only assume there was an arc due to a loose fuse? There was a slight dodgy smell when I was using the device yesterday, but I couldn't work out what it was.

Why do you ask? I thought nothing was beyond your control and wisdom. Why don't you repair it your way? Ignore gov't std's and just twist wires together and insulate them with bubble gum. After all you have more wisdom and knowledge than the rest of us.

I disagree with your analysis...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Alan Dawes posted for all of us...

Sock it to me!!!!

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:34:31 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

-----------

Because I had a spare socket and adapter kicking about.

Then what is yours?

And why can't you indent?

-- =

Watching his date from the corner of his eye while he poured her a drink= , the young bachelor said, "Say when." She replied, "Right after that drink."

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:42:32 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Brick sock.

-- =

Aristotle believed wind direction determined whether a baby would be a b= oy or a girl.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It's relly his old repetitive game: he asks stupid questions, pretending he wants answers, then quarrels with people that he knows it better! LOL

Reply to
Peeler
[snip]

Once a neighbor showed me a short extension with two plugs (this was made to solve a gender mixup with Christmas lights). You could use it with that plugless adapter.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

That one would be hard to figure out, possibly "in" the "outside" (in the yard), that is out. I've seen weirder things actually used.

Reply to
Sam E
[snip]

What about a .03W LED nightlight?

Reply to
notX

I made one of those once. It was quite useful to move a device from one socket to another without switching it off. For example, a computer plugged into a 4-way strip. I'd plug the double ended plug cord into another socket and power the strip through it, while I moved the strip over to the new location. Computer stayed on.

But explain the Christmas lights....

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So have I, but only in council estates.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It would be left unfused in America, risking melting the cable.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

A normal string has a male connector on one end and female on the other.

Lights all around the edge of the roof.

String one plugged into extension cord.

String two plugged into (female) end of string one.

String three going to plug into end of string two, but put up in the wrong direction so two females together.

Need 2-plug adapter.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Only if you have a death wish - it is Darwin award territory but more likely to kill some unsuspecting innocent than the f****it that wired it up.

A friend at university was seriously injured by such a lead. He had serious burns to the hand after unplugging a cable from a 4 way extension block that had a plug at each end - his hand bridged live and neutral. The Jesus cable had been made up by a previous PhD student :(

Reply to
Martin Brown

That's why I said such things are illegal.

Reply to
Tim Streater

En el artículo , Martin Brown escribió:

Americans, eh. Think the rest of the world should be as stupid as them. Look who they voted in as Prez.

aka "widowmaker"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

We call those illegal and dangerous abominations "widowmakers" What do you do with the live end at the other end of the light string???

Reply to
clare

The only person to blame is the one that touched it without knowing what it was. Americans blame each other, we used to be more adult than this.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The law should keep it's nose out of what people want to do with lights in their own homes.

What do you think electrical tape is for?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

Actually, he quickly decided that would be unsafe and rearranged that third string, never using the plug-to-plug cord (which was wired "correctly").

Reply to
Mark Lloyd