me 2stroke strimmer won;t start....

OK it's been laid up for a(nother) year - filled up with 2 stroke fuel, pumped primer bulb for ages - it won't remotely fill with fuel....tried to start anyway and it had two spluttery attempts in 15 minutes and that was enough for me.

Is the primer bulb symptom indicative of something? any clues, pointers, assistance welcome.

It's an unspectacular Partner Combi single line strimmer.

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

yes. Gummed up clunk prolly. Not allowing fuel to be drawn,..

If not in hurry., leave a week till oil is dissolved and try again. Otherwise have fun getting clunk out of tank filler, removing, rinsing and blowing the shit out, and fitting back to tube again.

If you disconnect the carb end of the pipe, a mouthful of petrol blown down the pipe into the tank sometimes helps in emergencies.

All strimmers are unspectacular, and most are utter crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Did you try bump starting it?

Reply to
1501

there's no clutch...

Reply to
Jim K

Hitting it with a branch ?

I posted a link some time ago about small motors and their problems

maybe someone else can remember what it was

Reply to
geoff

Get a tin of Quick start and soak the air filter with that. The pull the string.

That will start almost anything.

Roger Dewhurst

still wont r8unh if te fuel feed is blocked.

He sadi it sputtered a few times, so electrics OK.

Gotta be fuel. Esp. if the priming bulb wont fill properly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Concussive maintenance perhaps?

Reply to
1501

Ya got a shyte newsreader Geoff.....

Me Here

If it wants a headache you'd be right

Other than that you mean PERCUSSIVE ya plonker

Reply to
Me Here

"Me Here" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Depends how hard you have to hit it.

Reply to
Adrian

(it's still soaking btw)

cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message , Me Here writes

Reply to
geoff

Then the diaphragm is not allowing one way fuel direction. Get a carb overhaul kit

Reply to
Me Here

when I press the primer bulb air is pushed down the shorter return tube and seen bubbling through fuel in the tank....

does that fit with the diagnosis?

where to get a carb kit for a fair/cheap price?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Dunno:-)

I was in Taylors Tools, Kings Langley, yesterday and was sold some

*snake oil* or fuel life extender. Pushed by Honda. Lots of blurb about fuel volatiles etc.

Anyway, at 3ukp it is a lot lighter on the wallet than magnetic water softeners.

The claim is that it will make storing fuel over winter, safe.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

And you didn't pop in to say hello ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

:-) Venture in to North Watford?

Actually I believe the kiss of death for an active news group is *the group meet*. So far, I have met four d-i-y posters without ill effects:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Those I've been to were OK

(from what I remember of them, anyway ...)

Reply to
geoff

Now I may soon have a job in Harrow.....

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth