Recoil start for strimmer

Hi All

starter had jammed

took it apart nothing broken But how to re-coil the recoil spring and get it back into the housing

I don't have an ez-coil and this is a one off so unlikely to use again even if I could get one

Ay help appreciated

Reply to
TMC

Either start at the centre and (With gloves on if you got poofy soft hands) "thread" the coils back in. Or Start at the outer edge and do the same, keep pressure on the coils as they go in and hook the end of the coil into the centre retainer.

When fitting recoil springs into ski lift hangers I worked from the centre out. (They are 1" wide and 32 turns inside an 8" dia case, interesting when one escapes !)

Reply to
Me Here

l done fixing the case to the bech really helped as then had both hands free

gloves??? not for working in

Reply to
TMC