Man killed by circular saw

It means he is typing with one arm.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

PMSL

Reply to
ben

Many people do daft things. Those who have the right mental attitude to safety do not. One of the biggest challenges to anyone responsible for industrial safety is instilling that attitude into people.

That demonstrates that you don't have the right mental attitude to safety.

If he has a family, that disqualifies him from the Darwin award.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Which brings us back to the question of whether it had a working blade guard. Personally, I never climb ladders carrying heavy or bulky equipment. At home I use a rope to raise or lower it. At work, I put it on a pallet and use a fork lift truck or hand stacker to raise or lower it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I think the moral is, stay shit scared of ladders, however often you go up them. As for those guys who fit TV aerials......

Reply to
Stuart Noble

nightjar If he has a family, that disqualifies him from the Darwin award.

IIUC his son was working with him at the time and got to watch the whole thing.

Reply to
John Rumm

nightjar Which brings us back to the question of whether it had a working blade

It is a fair point... if unlucky you could do yourself in with any heavy object in a similar circumstance just by its bludgeoning power - never mind it having a sharp edge as well.

Could have done with one of those when carrying all sorts of heavy stuff up the ladder while doing my loft!

(mind you, pulling an 8x4' sheet of 3/4" ply up on a rope is not that easy either)

Reply to
John Rumm

is that they relocate all the URLs when the next story comes in. Which, of course, is really stupid.

Mr F

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

All the replys Mention circular saws Whe I read it it read as Angle Grinder

still Gruesome

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Brown