Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

Put a microswitch on the knocker in the middle so lefties and righties can have a moan.

Reply to
dennis

Our doorbell is in the middle of the door. Right below the brass plate that says: "PLEASE USE THE BELL".

Some still knock only...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I recently fitted new door furniture, including bell push. Found a nice illuminated one, and changed the rather weedy light for a pair of LEDs which are visible in daylight. Since then not had anyone knock rather than use the bell. (The old push looked old, even although it did work)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

same here

quite a few ring, then just a few seconds later (when I'm already on the way down the stairs) knock anyway

One postie even tries to open my front door, it has a split pad handle so always needs a key from outside, when I opened it he said "oh sorry, I thought it was a porch" but he tried to do it again another day.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Can they hear the bell ring? They can here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm about to install a speaker so that the system plays a sound file when the bell is pressed.

"The bell is ringing. Please wait."

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes, it's only a few feet from the door ...

Reply to
Andy Burns