Lurve this group!

You can't help liking an newsgroup where you can start a thread about cheap paintbrushes, which generates nearly 80 replies going from;

IKEA plates being horrible, Ginsters pasties, vegetarians, Tennants Extra, Porc Wellington, IKEA in general, onions, Swedish meatballs, white collar workers, the Stock Exchange & finally returns to paint brushes!

It makes me smile anyway :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Yeah - let that be a lesson to those who, from time to time, come along and try and splinter it into subgroups or complain that the thread that they started drifted off topic

Seasons greeting to all of you

Reply to
geoff

Agreed - I'm just surprised it hasn't got onto smoking or gun control yet...

But the 'irrelevance' is exactly the reason for the whinges, innit?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Are the cheap screwdrivers from Aldi better than the ones from Lidl? TIA Al

Reply to
al

But aren't the sausages in IKEA hot dogs smoked...

No, but the Aldi hot dogs are. Not as good as the IKEA pasties mind.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Do they have a silly Swedish-sounding name?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Of course

Skitkakor

(that's the plural)

Reply to
Andy Hall

ITYM Shötkåkor

"He burned He burned He burned, Flip Flip Flip Flip Flip".

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

You ever dropped into uk.rec.sheds? Thread-drift is mandatory there.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I can't get the damned things to stay lit.

Reply to
Skipweasel

"What do you think of it so far?"

Reply to
clot

I owe you one mate. Despite being a big fan of TMS I always though the Swedish Chef said 'Furdip, furdip, furdip'.

It all makes sense now.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

So, here's a christmas story which someone has resurrected and posted on YouTube

MAry are you watching ?

geoff

Reply to
Huge

He was giving a film show and the film stuck in the gate of the projector and burnt through. The Flip Flip Flip was the noise of the loose end of the film flapping on the take up spool.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

The Jewish reindeer was a nice touch.

Reply to
Andy Hall

And what about the screwdrivers which is best for Aldi sausages?

Reply to
al

Reply to
Andy Hall

Vodka and orange juice with sausages? Waste of a good sausage!