Where can you buy parawood?

Hi all:

I've recently bought a few unfinished furniture pieces that were made of parawood (rubberwood from Paraguay, South America). One of the pieces needs repair, and I am having trouble finding a source for the wood. I've done a number of internet searches with no luck. My local hardwood dealer didn't even know what it was. Anybody found a dealer for the stuff in the US?

The stuff is reasonably attractive, hard, flexible and cheap. I can't believe there aren't any dealers for this wood.

Thanks in advance, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

Update:

I've contacted a number of stores that sell the furniture, but they were no help. So far, the only thing I've come up with is to find a badly damaged piece in the back of one of these stores and buy it for the wood. None of them have anything like that, though.

Regards, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

Anderson International will ship their stock. . .Take a look at their online catalog.

Kim

Reply to
Kim Whitmyre

replying to the_tool_man, James Owens wrote: Google a company called parawood of the Americas a vase out of Florida get their wood directly from Guatemala

Reply to
James Owens

Finally! After 13 years the OP can fix his furniture. I'm sure he is very relieved.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You know... I've got some projects that have languished for that long...

Just waiting for a part or inspiration...

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I've been working on a particular project for over 30 years: Trying to convince SWMBO to see it my way.

I just can't seem to make much progress.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well, maybe, maybe not. The address for "Parawood of the Americas" is just down the road from me. It's a UPS Store. I tend to be sceptical of businesses that work from a UPS Store address.

(I wonder what "a vase out of Florida" was intended to mean)

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Well, they do have a website, for whatever that's worth...

parawoodamerica.com

parawoodamerica.com/gallery

Very Artistic Specialty Enterprise ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Fair enough. I'm sure she's been working at least that long to make you see things her way. My bet is that she's winning. ;-)

I probably gave up 30 years ago (45 years as of a couple of weeks ago).

Reply to
krw

replying to the_tool_man, Marcos ritter wrote: Parawood of the americas

Reply to
Marcos ritter