Ludicrous DIY at Lidl

"DIY Made Easy" is the title - what is the woman playing at?

Dave W

In one episode of the "Avengers" 2nd series*, Emma Peel was carving a sculpture similar to that with an electic drill, without wearing any safety equipment at all. Even goggles. Steed then showed up and uttered the classic line "We're needed Mrs Peel". ISTR it featured in two episodes. She was doing stuff with test tubes and bunsen burners in the next episode.

michael adams

  • Q. When was that grandad ? A. Around 1966 child. Although now available on DVD.
Reply to
michael adams

Obviously preparing the wall for a new double socket back box. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

ROFLMAO

And she isn't even sweating.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

and still being shown on ITVrepeats.

Some of the programmes on ITVrepeats are actually in black and white.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I guess she's American, and so has the right to bare arms.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

The first Emma Peel series which was actually series 4 were actually in black and white.

Series 5 was in colour - or as it said at the start "In Color" which was mainly appreciated by American viewers at the time. British viewers only felt the benefit when watching repeats years later.

michael adams

michael adams

Early Avengers were actually TV studio productions made using electronic cameras. Made at Teddington Studios by ABC TV. Later colour ones were made on 35mm film - for overseas sales.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have experienced that - when you have a new drill and you just want to drill holes in everything to enjoy how it works. You can do a lot of damage before you realise it has got out of hand. Tim w

Reply to
TimW

Indeed

michael adams

michael adams

Come come Sir - animals sweat, gentlemen perspire and ladies glow :)

ps she can cone and glow here any day she chooses :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I have the complete DVD set - all series!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have posted it before but nothing wrong with posting it again.......

ARW

Must drop in to watch The House That Jack Built. Somehow I remember that better than any other episode. (Almost on-topic too!)

Reply to
polygonum

Funnily enough, so do I.

Diana Rigg was my favourite.

A friend of mine was wardrobe mistress at the Marlowe Theatre in the

1970s. They had a small rep company at the time.

She told me that one of the young actresses in the rep company had coffee with her one day and revealed that she was terrified; she was going for an audition the following day for her first TV role. She needn't have been; she got it. And Joanna is still working!

Reply to
Bob Eager

On their NTSC system

NTSC = Never Twice the Same Colo(u)r

Reply to
alan_m

Yes, we got hanover bars instead of tint control.

Reply to
Fredxxx

There rests the case for the Hatton Garden defence.

Reply to
Nightjar

It was made on 35mm film. So totally independant of the system it was shown on. Same as feature films.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In that era and despite the leather you knew it was a woman. Apart from the long hair and silly mask there is no real reason to believe the model in the advert is female.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer