LR44 batteries - voltage

The NatWest ones require your debit card too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

So do the Barclays ones, and the Natwest/Barclays cards and readers are interoperable.

Reply to
Andy Burns

As indeed you can use someone else's device to generate a code (except I think one bank (HSBC?) uses a different system).

Reply to
Scott

With my Barclays one, you also need your card. Thus they would need your card, PIN, and logon details.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Interestingly only a debit card. Barclaycards do not work.

Reply to
Scott

I'd say it would need to be the card associated with the account? You can have a Barclaycard and no Barclay bank account.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually, that must be right. The card reader does not need to be associated but the (debit) card does.

Reply to
Scott

They still need your card!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Really!? And I thought the chip came with fish. Better tell Andrew, eh?

Reply to
Richard

Barclaycard is a Credit card. Different standard to Debit cards. A credit card won't work in a pin sentry device, as that is intended for online banking. They also use pin sentries in my local Barclays branch to do transactions over the counter.

Reply to
Richard

If you have two accounts / two debit cards, can you use the 'wrong' debit card? Otherwise, it's easier than this (card needs to relate to account, full stop).

Reply to
Scott

No. You need the debit card associated with the account - or rather you do with Barclays. At home, that is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The telecoms co i used to work for supplied us with laptops installed with a Nortel VPN and an RSA key and as far as I can remember each one was tied to the laptop and needed a pin as well.

When logging in the device showed 5 bars and you had to enter your pin before the 5th bar appeared so it would synchronise with their server. Using a collegues RSA key would not work without the matching pin.

Reply to
Andrew

As I thought. So the fact that the readers are interchangeable is not a problem.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Nominally, 1.5 volt but new cells typically show an extra 50 to 100mV higher than this nominal 1.5v rating.

Johnny B Good

Thanks. MIne is Barclays and the original question related to Barclays, so I think that is the question answered.

Reply to
Scott