Looking for simple construction for drawer units

I have created my walk in wardrobe (for her) and built 4 rails for clothes and will have similar at opposite end. So that takes care of the coat hanger stuff. For shoes and bags I should be ok for constructing something. I am struggling a bit to come up with something for the `small stuff` that would be of a simple construction (wooden). I have a max depth of 18 inches and about 5 feet wide and probably up to about 5 feet in height. I am thinking of a simple framework with sliding drawers but using wood for cheapness. Anyone got any ideas on this based on not too difficult and price. To put it into perspective for my budget The partition wall and the 2 ends railed for coat hangers has cost me around £50 + paint so I dont want to go and spend £50 on metal runners for a few drawers.

Reply to
ss

Cheap drawer runners:

'Expensive' drawer runners:

Alex

Reply to
alamaison

If the drawers don't have to be wooden you could just put wooden battens in for runners and put poundshop plastic tubs as drawers.

(The expensive version as used in schools is called gratnell trays)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Good idea, will have a look in poundies and see what they have.

Reply to
ss

Be aware that the bases of some plastic tubs are not very strong and will deform or even crack over time. Same can apply to the end rims on te top edges that are not supported. OK for light loads though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That could be a benefit in as much I could have lots of smaller boxes. Previously with chests of drawers she crams everything in, eventually destroys them with overloading.

Reply to
ss

When my partner had her wardrobes made, she simply planned an array of cubbyholes which took "drawers" from this range -

Perhaps you could do something similar...

Reply to
Mark Bluemel

How much? They're not drawers, they're shopping bags.

Reply to
Andrew May

Thats rather cute so I better not let her see it as it would be too costly as I may need up to a couple of dozen. But I do like the idea.

Reply to
ss

cubestore reborn.

Reply to