Looking for self-closing snap-in door hinge

Hi,

My house, built early 80s, has a fire door into the garage. This and all the other doors are Swedoors fitted with snap-in hinges. The middle hinge on the garage door is one with a built-in spring for self-closing and the spring has finally failed.

I'm having a devil of a job trying to find a replacement, having tried Swedoors and the main distributors . Can anyone point me at a supplier? I'd much rather not fit a standard fitting self-closing hinge if I can avoid it.

Cheers,

Steve S

Reply to
Steve S (another one)

I have never seen one of these personally, but this any good?

Toby

"Toby" wrote

trying to avoid.

I've put a piccy of the offending item here:

Steve S (another one)

I see, so does that screw into the door frame, then the door has some kind of socket this connected to, so it can be removed easily?

Like this one?

Toby

"Toby" wrote >

Kind of like that, but a different design. The Ian Firth one wouldn't fit. Yes, the hinge screws to the frame and the tongue slots into the door which has a cap with a catch that latches in the hole in the tongue. Most of the door have a plastic cap, but this fire dor hase metal ones.

The basic idea is that the doors, frames and hinge positions are standard. The door leaf can be replaced in a trice, allegedly.

Steve S

Reply to
Steve S (another one)

>>> Kind of like that, but a different design. The Ian Firth one wouldn't fit.

I saw some of these some years ago and thought "one day all doors will be hung like this", Alas no - we are still in the dark ages. Making the rebate routable is so sensible.

Reply to
John

"harry" wrote

Steve S