Repairing steel condo door broken hinge closer???

I have a steel entrance door to my condo unit that was manufactured by a company named Fenestra. The automatic closer on the door no longer works. I believe the mechanism is in the bottom hinge as it appears slightly different from the the other two upper hinges. My condo was built in 1989 and the Fenestra door company is no longer in business. Anyone out there who might have had a similar problem with such an entrance door. Is the broken "closer" hinge repairable? I have linked photos of the hinges

top & middle hinge

hinge.jpg spring closer mechanism?

Reply to
idreos

the picture links should be

idreos

Forget about the original closer. I have a similar door in my condo and it tends to "slam" the door shut.

Just get a decent near commercial quality closer that mounts over the top of the door. (Lowe's, Home Depot, GOOD hardware store)

Most come with brackets, etc. that give you several mounting options and most can be put on left or right opening doors and "open in" or "open out" but check to be sure.

One other feature to be aware of is whether the operator will "lock" in the open position. If the door in question is a "fire door" the opener isn't supposed to lock open. This doesn't matter in a house but in a high rise condo ...

** Posted from
**
Reply to
John Gilmer