door with short chain by hinge to keep it close. Remove?

In our new house the garage to house door is self closing. It has some kind of small chair, in the middle of the door (on the hinge side). I don't like it closing all the time, so would like to unscrew that mechanism. If I later change my mind, will it be next to impossible to put it back? thanks.

Reply to
lbbss

Hi, Self closing garage door is per fire code. I don't think you can disable it for good. My door has spring hinges. Nothing external like yours. If needed I used door stopper(wedge) to keep it open when I haul groceries, etc.

Reply to
Tony Hwang