london car-free day

very much a token effort, doubt it'll have any impact on me, but do you think they rushed the website out?

Andy Burns

The 12:20 Virtue Signal Express is on time...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tried a translate to English?

Football and keybords!

Reply to
ARW

Almost impossible due to the pale lettering?

Reply to
ARW

Indeed. I get this in some foreign lingo.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

First A becomes "A. Sed felis sapien, and the developers, Bureau employee ugly. "

Someone is taking the piss and enjoying doing so.`

I wonder if the web designer is owed money?

Reply to
ARW

Web designers use lorem ipsum text generators to fill placeholder text all the time, e.g

Andy Burns

I'd rather have a London-free car day.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Suits me as I drive a van.

Reply to
ARW

The reason I went to look at the FAQ was that Maajid Nawaz was claiming it would also take London buses and taxis off the roads for the day ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

And how can a new concept have any "Frequently Asked Questions", they would need to give them time to see if they are frequent enough, so you could argue a placeholder is appropriate. The rest of the site seems to work.

Graham.

Seems to work?

With light grey text on a white background its almost impossible to read. I'll bet that most people would give up after attempting to read one paragraph

Reply to
alan_m

Just run the mouse over it to highlight it. Comes out as white on blue background. Perfectly legible.

Reply to
harry

Probably another idiot in a red dress or a teenager with plats. I suppose it could just be someone who ?happens? to hear a supposed row, ?happens? to record it, ?happens? to contact the media, ?happens? to be an activist, .......

These nut jobs should be put on a remote island an left to survive without modern technology etc. Once their nail varnish got chipped, it would all end in tears.

Reply to
Brian Reay

London free of protesters certainly has an appeal. We seem to have more nut jobs in our capital than other European cities. Even worse, if you visit Strasbourg, the dominant number of nut job protest banners etc are all English. And no, I don?t mean just written in English.

Reply to
Brian Reay

The site uses a Nelson Mandela quote. He was a terrorist who has been sanitised.

Reply to
Brian Reay

...plaits

Ah you must mean the Geat Thunderbox, where all the shit ends up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Welcome to my world. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It happens that Brian Reay formulated :

+1 :-)
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Ah, its a web site that doesn't discriminate against the blind :)

Reply to
alan_m