Loft door hardware

I wonder if anyone has suggestions with regard to a company that does loft door hinges and latches?

Did a loft ladder for someone recently and they bought a 3 section loft ladder for me to fit. Fitted the drop-down doorway, and the latch assembly provided with the ladder was pretty neat - and simple. It had an eye on the customer side into which the pole slotted, and on the blind side was a simple little catch. When the pole (and eye) was turned it physically moved a little lever which was physically bolted behind the eye. Nice and simple design, very effective.

Subsequently I've got another loft door to do and it is a different loft ladder which comes with a latch assembly that is pants. That latch won't fit the access area and I'm having to improvise.

I've been all round the DIY sheds in the local area and I can't find this previous design at all. I presume someone somewhere must make this combined eye and latch assembly. No amount of googling has turned up what I'm looking for.

Ideas anyone?

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

How about Drews in Reading. They have an extensive range of ironmongery and even if they don't have stock will order for you.

I would wait until all the creatures have dispersed from the noise festival, though... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hadn't come across Drews before - thanks for pointing it out!

Reading isn't usually on my stamping ground, though the odd visit to B&Q (with respirator) does happen.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Use a 'touch latch' to hold the hatch closed

Reply to
kitchenman