local heating oil prices?

Does anyone know of a bulletin board where (current) heating oil prices by the different local suppliers are posted? Something showing: date of quotation, quantity to be delivered, price per litre ex VAT, place of delivery, supplier's name and contact details, would be ideal. I'm particularly interested in the Norfolk/Suffolk area, but there's nothing on uk.local.east-anglia.

Reply to
francis

The Natural Philosopher

Sounds like a useful bit of information to have...

More generally, I use the following to determine trends:-

Colin

I did find a place that does quotes by postcodes.

26.5p per liter plus VAT for 2000 liters

Anyone know better?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , The Natural Philosopher writes

What's the address, please.

Reply to
fred

The price varies from day to day, and will depend on quantity and where it is to be delivered. As it seems unlikely that someone else on a particular 'bulletin board' will be ordering the same quantity on the same day for delivery to the same area, the only effective way to get the best deal is to shop around each time you order.

I used to buy gasoil (red diesel) for industrial use at several sites in different parts of the country - typically 3000 litres at a time. Using this method got the price down from about a 2p/litre supplier's margin above the wholesale gasoil price for the day, as published in the FT, to about 1p/litre margin. So three phone calls to local suppliers saved on average 30 quid per order.

This was in the 1990s. Transport and other costs have gone up since then so the margins are likely to be larger now.

Reply to
Richard Lamont

Just google 'heating oil prices' on google.co.uk (UK only)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you for sharing, I thought this group was all about not re-inventing the wheel; find a trick, share it, apparently not . . .

Reply to
fred