What's current price of heating oil?

I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

MM

Reply to
MM
30.3p a litre in Lincolnshire a couple of weeks ago for 1000 litres.
Reply to
Ray L

Crikey! 4p dearer in 9 months! Thanks Dubya! Thanks Tony!

MM

Reply to
MM

You need to phone around to get the lowest price.

My neighbour obtained a supply for a number of us at 28.5p + Vat. He had difficulty in getting the supplier to stick to the price they quoted!

Reply to
Michael Chare

36.2 p a litre with V A T in Mid Somerset To- day
Reply to
Leveled

I'm no fan of Dubya and Tony either, but the recenet price increases have more to do with rising demand and geology. Light sweet crude has now peaked and production is now declining. There is insufficient refinery capacity to deal with enough heavy sour crude, for which there is still a surplus of supply over demand. When total production peaks, and many oil analysts are now expecting that to happen within the next very few years, the recent price rises will seem quite trivial.

Reply to
biff

I don't understand. If the supplier quoted that price, how could he not stick to it?

MM

Reply to
MM

This is awful, simply awful.

MM

Reply to
MM

By refusing to supply the order! The new price that the supplier wanted was still lower than others were quoting. Fortunately my neighbour was able to persuade the supplier to honour the original price they quoted! (I don't know the exact details!)

Reply to
Michael Chare

Watch out and buy now or wait three weeks. Katrina is making waves...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So is starting a thread to save the world by starting out with a simple price query, you troll.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I didn't start the thread to save the world, but to enquire about the price of heating oil. Flippant commentary in subsequent posts is just me, I'm afraid, as you should know by now if you are not a complete Usenet novice. What's the problem? I notice YOU didn't know the price of heating oil, or were not letting on if you did. Punishment for a troll, I suppose...

MM

Reply to
MM

You should get minimum price in about 4 weeks once some of Katrians mess is cleaned up.

Assuming no more hurricanea

After that every indication is for a record breaking winter price hike.

I got best price last time by wathing oil futures prices and using

to get a quote, and then getting it improved by a local supplier.

I would expect 32-35p a liter is as good as it will get this winter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any good URLS for futures prices? What is the average sort of lead time between futures prices and retail?

With crude prices over $60/barrel and currently low demand I can see prices soaring this winter. So intend to fill the tank hopefully at a low price before the winter hike.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

a week.

But things are odd at the moment: US cannot refine stuff and will start to purchase refined product: This will distort relationship between crude and refined oproducts, however its no bad guide.

Over $68, and peaked at $70.

I'm shorting the shit out of the dollar and the US economy,.

After all, thats what any proper free marketeer would do, like GWB...

Not worth going for oil futures - they are falling a little as the pattern emerges.

Better to take a long position in Shell. (RDSB)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

The bad news is that we are going to get more price hikes, as the hurricane season will be well extended this year and not only in the North Atlantic.

I don't like warm weather and I do not use heating oil or any sort of oil. By the time I get around to needing heating, the government will be paying for it or flat broke as it was in the slump after the Wall Street crash.

Apart from the insurance companies going belly up and reneging on their customers, I should do pretty well out of the coming disasters.

Having said that, if I wasn't interested in trying to circumvent the problems that these disasters cause, I would not have spent some of my most productive years (quite a few of them, at that) trying to find out what really causes aberrant weather behaviour.

I would like to convey my honest, deepfelt sympathy to all those hurt by recent events. I have done my best as far as I could, to give warning.

I would like to think that, at any rate. There was probably more I could have done but who would listen to some fool prattling on the internet?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Dave & NP

When one of you decides its the right day to buy oil would you please post a message so I can do the same? I and I am sure many other uk.d-i-y ers will need to stock up with heating too before winter

Thanks

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone I think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this coming winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money matters is better based.

Reply to
Graham P Davis

Steve

Please look at

yourselves. It is as near as it gets to what spot on-the-street prices are in your area.

My belief is that they take best prices from a group of reatilers in all areas, add about 0.1p and then quote them.

Now may not be a bad time if you arealready low: the USA will start to buy oil and oil products over the next month or two, inflating te price... otherwise early November is the time I estimate to be good, IF another hurricane hasn't come along to the party...

here are signs of a massive energy shortage this winter - not so much because of lack of crude, but lack of refining.

We may see petrol and diesel rationing and high gas prices.

Insulate now and get used to turning the stat down.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher