Little Duck

Has anybody noticed the drastic decrease in quality of little duck toilet tissue all of a sudden?.....used to be able to get three 18 roll packs for a tenner from Farmfoods.....now three are well over a tenner and the quality is so much less....manufacturers are quick to say their product is new and improved but don't let on when the quality drops...can I go and get my money back as because of this? .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Before the second wave of Covid Farmfoods used to do four packs of Little Duck bog paper for £12 (18 rolls per pack) and if you spent £25 you could use a voucher for 10%* off (4 packs for £10.80) Just after the end of the second Covid wave they reduced the price to 4 packs for £10 or £9 if you could use the voucher. They now sell 4 packs for £13 and have reduced the voucher value to 8% off. I have bought some of this 3 ply bog paper in the past 3 weeks and haven't noticed any drop of in quality. I was staying with friends over Christamas and noted that their Andrex branded paper seemed to be a lesser quality (thinner) than the Little Duck I use.

*The maximum discounts are for exact amount of spend. Currently it's £2 off for a £25 spend - and still £2 off for a spend of £25.01 to £49.99. You can use 2 off £25 vouchers for a £50 spend giving a discount of £4 etc.
Reply to
alan_m

you are correct it was four rolls for a tenner....I can assure you the quality has dropped and as you say four now cost £13...what a rip off ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Have you not noticed the increase in the price of other paper products?

Reply to
charles

Where I live the pound type discount shop next door to Farmfoods was selling the same 18 roll packs for £4.99 while Farmfood was charging <£2.50 a pack :)

Reply to
alan_m

You've taken all their dots so they have none left to use as perforations between sheets.

Reply to
Tim Streater

no

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

FFS this is UK D-i-y - keep a pressure washer in the toilet..

No need for paper

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

sod that...all you need is aqueous cream to keep yourslf kissing fresh....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Spend £10K on a Japanese toilet and you won't need bog paper

Reply to
Andrew

or £1 on a tub of aqueous cream

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It seems to be all around on these products. Even Andrex is crap, and tears and is about as absorbent as a bit of recycled paper is. Do they really think we don't notice this sort of thing? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Often the well advertised branded stuff is a poorer quality than what is perceived to be the cheap tat.

Reply to
alan_m

hate adverts

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I use Waitrose essential cheap shit and it wipes the crap off OK.

I wash as well, anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

try aqueous cream just as good

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Try using both sides.

Reply to
critcher

It's 3 ply, a true Scotsman would separate each sheet into 3 AND use both sides to get his money's worth.

Reply to
alan_m

But I'm not a true Scotsman .....more an anglfile

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...