Linseed oil mastic...???

what do you call that stuff when you were making up your own mastic...you used boiled linseed oil and a red kind of granular stuff may just have been raw mastic or something...it is annoying the shit out
of me that I can't remember what it was called probably only liseed oil masic...not used it for years...
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=jas.2006.1009.1016
"The name putty is also applied to substances resembling putty, such as red-lead putty, mixtures of red and white lead and linseed oil."
Somehow, that doesn't sound all that safe.
Paul
On 18/05/2020 11:48, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

loved the smell of that stuff