Lidl vac cleaner

A couple of years ago I bought one of those repulsively-bright yellow and black wet'n dry vacuum cleaners from Lidl. It's been great, and I discovered that the bags to fit it are those for the Aquavac 600, Electrolux Z555, etc.

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element - anybody managed to track one down?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You can buy a larger filter and cut it down to size. Cheap filters can be got from many places and I'm sure you have scissors in the house somewhere.

Reply to
BigWallop

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "BigWallop" saying something like:

This is a cylindrical car-type filter, not a sheet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Ah ha !!! Hush my mouth. Sorry. Jumped in with mind closed and eyes wide shut. :-) Not like me, mind. :-)

Can the filter be washed in a machine, beside your underwear and socks? (which is the manly thing to do with it) What make and model is the vacuum cleaner? Could a web search bring up any good hits for a supplier?

Can you see any labeling on it? Moulded into the casing anywhere? It would help lots if you knew even just a model number.

Reply to
BigWallop

Have you tried contacting the service company number in manual provided??

Reply to
Gel

Try these guys:

John

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "John" saying something like:

That's the one at the bottom, cheers.

I've looked everywhere in the past two years for one of those and I suspected Lidl/Parkside had used one that was already available for another machine, but I hadn't a clue what.

Now I can retire the old one - it's been blown out with compressed air a dozen times and recently been broken and repaired with a CD and silicone.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Gel saying something like:

What service company? What manual?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Is yours a PNTS 35/5?

Coz I am after filters too!

I did manage to track the "Parkside" to Germany, they are called Grizzly

managed to contact a service centre in the UK

DES Ltd. Unit 14-15 Bilston Industrial Estate Oxford Street Bilston, WV14 7EG Email: snipped-for-privacy@deslimited.com

Tel: 0870 787 6177 Fax: 0870 7876168 Tel from Ireland: 0044 870 787 6177 Fax from Ireland: 0044 870 787 6168

But they wanted about £15 for them, which I though was a bit steep!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

It's not this one is it?

mike

Or this?

have an older Lidl workshop vac that's made by Lavorwash and the replacement filter I bought came from either Screwfix or Wickes.

Reply to
mike

The one shown on there is too tall for my vac as I want one about 130 mm high as therwise the locking plate will not go back on. Like another poster I was put on to DES and was quoted £17.50 including delivery. So I am still looking around incase I come accross one, anybody else found one?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

The replacement I got friction fitted and had a sealed base so the locking plate wasn't necessary.

Reply to
mike

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Toby" saying something like:

It's a 30/6S and the link supplied by John is the perfect one. Prices aren't too bad, but I don't see a 35/5.

Grimly Curmudgeon

Sorry to reply to my own post but I have since found a supplier on Ebay

which will fit my vac. He also is selling a Parkside one
Which as far as I can tell is identical apart from it is dearer.

HTH

John

Reply to
John