Lidl "Screw-in Pole Stand".

A thing that goes into the ground, for holding up clothes airers, etc:

anyone used them, if so are they reasonably robust What's the internal diameter??

Lidl have revised their web-site so that you can put in your post-code/area, and all the "regional offers" that don't apply are filteres out. Well Done!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

I've got one. It's ... OK. Mine's holding up the washing line for the time beind 'cos I'm still moving things round the garden. It screwed down into the soil easily, but since it's right by the path it's screwed into gravel/sand. When it hit the clay it stopped dead and in effect stripped the threads in the sand. I suspect if I were to try harder it'd be OK.

Despite all that, it's holding up the pole adequately.

Diameter, they supply collars that shrink it down in steps from a maxiumum of 60mm.

Reply to
Guy King

Excellent, thank you Mr. King. They'll take the "trunks" of some small sawn off ash trees, then (for want of a better sort of dowel).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Depends how much leaning they'll have to endure. They're cast metal and seem quite solid.

Reply to
Guy King

Comes with 5 collars to fit different diameters so it shouldn't matter.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not only that, but if you set your cookies to "manually confirm before accepting", you can use it to convert postcodes to addresses!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The ones this time around were welded steel, (hot) galvanised. They seemed very popular. Some people apparently use them for outdoor show stands. Here today - gone by mid morning.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

I think mine was, too. I was too lazy to go look.

Reply to
Guy King