Lidl Compressor

I didn't spot it at first. It's under the picture, not in the list of attributes

which appears when you click on the picture.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The previous lidl one which looks the same switches on and off at the set pressure. It also came with a set of tools and was only £65.

Reply to
dennis

Yup, HVLP seem to have captured lots of the spraying market. Probably more useful if you main applications is spraying than a compressor and conventional gun.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have a similar SF one purchased about 8 years ago, very useful indeed. Brad nailer is great for tacking together all sorts when glueing, especially good on small mouldings. Blowgun as others have said for clearing out power tool vents etc. Also used for airbeds, pools etc.

Tyre inflator really useful, particularly when both daughters & cars were at home. Never used the spraygun.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Tyres are about the only thing I need (as in need not would be nice to have) for compressed air and I have a heavy duty tyre inflator for that.

Blowing cack out of things might be useful but isn't a strong enough hook to hang a compressor on. My lungs work reasonably well, both methods just end up shoving the cack into the atmosphere though.

A driver for nuts could be handy now that I swap wheels between summer and winter. But the ordinary car supplied wrench is good enough with a torque wrench. Now a driver that you could set the torque would be good.

Still not a very strong hook...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Proves how stupid some parents are, not only is there a risk from flying grit etc. but the very real danger that such a young kid could have ended up inflating parts of his own body - should the wrong sort of blower-gun be in use...

Reply to
Jerry

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message news:Sfuio.195994$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe05.ams...

: : An HVLP sprayer would be much better for this sort of job. The blower is : light weight and hangs off your shoulder on a strap with just a mains : lead to tow behind you.

Err, which is more bulk/weight than a spray gun and trailing air hose - duh! :~)

Reply to
Jerry

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Minchin saying something like:

I concur, especially if it's a large outdoor area and many metres of trailing air hose would be a royal pita. Most especially if there isn't any other need for an air compressor and the painter /owner doesn't have one.

Once again, the Jerry creature misses the point.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Anyone else notice the box at the left of the page: "Similar Items - Men?s Socks" !!!

Reply to
pcb1962

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@srv1.howhill.co.uk...

: : Still not a very strong hook... :

I can tell you, having access to air tools is a "How did I manage before" moment and when you can't have access to air tools you realise just how much of a bummer it is without - in the same way that it's quite possible to live without the electric drill but how many would chose to?!...

Reply to
Jerry

I'm sure you're right! For the sake of the un-initiated (like me!) would you care to elaborate on the advantages of air tools over electrically-driven equivalents?

Reply to
Roger Mills

That sounds like a much better idea.

I've also got a number of radiators to paint, not to mention the 80+ metres of fencing that I did a few years ago with a Cuprinol hand-pumped sprayer. The Earlex video on the Screwfix site is quite persuasive.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Innuendo aside,and apoologies for hijacking the thread, but Northern Tool is most certainly not a Northern company, no matter what its origins and the original reason for the name.

One of the nasties, in fact, which makes a point of refusing to deliver to the Northern half of the UK except at the most punitive of rates, even for northern mainland deliveries. Northern Tool may not be the worst at concealing the charge, but they certainly pile on the freight charges worse than most -- often at the rate of 50-100% of the cost of the goods.

I never have worked out exactly how it can be legal for some companies to exclude from their definition of "UK Mainland" an area which is the size of Belgium. Either it's mainland or it's not mainland. Lies don't help or change facts. And who wants to trust companies who aren't honest or truthful with regard to carriage charges? My quarrel is not with the right of companies to restrict the area within which they're prepared to trade, but rather with companies which distort the terms and conditions of trade in their catalogues and advertising material.

Rant over. Sorry for hijacking thread :-)

Reply to
John MacLeod

they're US based aren't they? Jules?

no probs - twas only my attempt at jest ;>)

I've never bought from them yet they send me crapalogues every now and then with ludicrous pricing annd shipping, (doubtless aimed at "corporates" and "council jobsworths" who believe themselves to be "worth it"; and/or to allow "sales" with fakey "discounts" (a la Draper) now and again).

Anyone have any good experiences with this lot ? wonder what their turnover is? annd who pays those eyewatering prices/delivery scams?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I now have three compressors. A large diesel-powered one for use on the farm, it's a 15cfm unit and it's essential for powering farm tools. I also have a compressor like the Lidl unit which I bought for use at home because I realised how much I missed using the air tools once I didn't have access to a compressor.

I don't know why, but I find my air drill and air chisel to be more "handy" than electric versions of the same tools.

Reply to
Steve Firth

One of the more demanding uses for a compressor is to use an air/water gun for high pressure car washing. Compared to the Kärcher type of electric pressure washers these guns are cheap and effective. They need a lot of air though, I can only use the one I bought for washing the tractor with the largest compressor that I own.

I note that the prices of all these things have rocketed recently. My diesel compressor cost about £400. Current versions are around £1600. I presume this is the rising cost of steel and the falling value of the pound at work.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Err no. That's balls.

Simply size the compressor to the tool that makes the greatest demand for air. Stating that the tools all need different specs of compressors is utter crap.

As usual from you.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Are you talking of the highlands and islands?

Its not the tool company, its the couriers who charge the delivery rates

Reply to
geoff

Westfalia always struck me as being one of the worst

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jim K saying something like:

I bought a welder and compressor from them several years ago - the carriage cost to Ireland was very cheap, the prices were good, and the only flies in the ointment were the numpties at the warehouse who couldn't pack anything worth a shit. Might have changed since, of course.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon