LEDHut - change of courier - anyone else noticed?

Has anyone else done any LEDHut orders recently and recall the courier?

My previous LEDHut orders have been delivered by DPD. Latest one has been sent via MyHermes and aborted twice because I was not in (odd that, with having to work and stuff).

At least with DPD I can flag it for "leave with neighbour" or even work from home on the day they tell me it's coming.

I might have to revert back to LampSpecs or someone else - and yes, I have emailed LEDHut...

Cheers,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

+1 for DPD! I wish more companies would actively advertise which couriers they use. My business would definitely be biased towards ones that use DPD.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

do - and offer the choice of RoyalMail or DPD at varying costs.

You can tell I've been searching around!

have options consistent with DPD but do not say. I would phone the first order in and ask...

The other option is of course Amazon - at least you can nominate a collection point instead for Amazon's own items.

What is disappointing is the fact that DPD have set the bar - possibly an expensive bar compared to the likes of Yodel - but no one else seems to be willing to raise their game.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Could have been worse ... yodel

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or parcel farce. I've recently had a couple of deliveries where they have carded me and left the parcel at a local small shop with a sub post office. On the card they write the location of where the parcel has been left - in some form of illegible shorthand unique to the driver!

Reply to
alan_m

Dodgy Parcel Delivery

Reply to
Jim

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

Yodel's owned by the Barclay brothers, the same duo that own the Daily Torygraph which is rapidly circling the drain, and who also regularly feature in Private Eye.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I think Amazon bought a share of Yodel in order to tap into its technology to set up its own logistics infrastructure.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Yodel had technology??

If Amazon had bought DPD that would have made sense.

Reply to
Tim Watts

That is the problem with these 'pick it up yourself at a local shop if we can't deliver' services.

It's quicker to write out the card and post it through your letterbox than wait for the door to be answered and obtain a sig.

Different matter if they have to attempt a re-delivery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)