LED panel ceiling lights

That's when a bidet comes in handy. Some kitchen paper on it - then easy to transfer to the loo after getting the samples.

Not had the new style kit yet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I see the first one, at least, says No Longer Stocked (though they have quite a few in stock). Doesn't engender confidence.

I actually got a Lidl one on the basis of returning but wanted to ask before using it at all (easier to take back whilst still sealed up).

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Yep, my garage has "daylight" fluoros, and my study has "daylight" LEDs everywhere else (inside and out) has warm white.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some friends bought an house that hadn't been refurbish since the 60's, still had one in use, not sure if they kept it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It made me smile.

Reply to
ARW

I fitted the PSU in the garage remote from the light in the porch.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Was it a transformer or driver.

And yes I noticed you said PSU.

Reply to
ARW

constant current LED driver ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The kit I had early in the year still had the 3 cardboard sticks.

Reply to
alan_m

It is indeed. Got (and used) mine about a month ago.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Got mine on Wednesday and chucked it in the bin. Having had a colonoscopy on Tuesday it seemed a bit superfluous. ;-)

(Incidentally, chucking the kit was done with the agreement of the bowel screening folk).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I did a rewire of a house that had a new owner.

He said "And get rid or that"

I did. I sold it for £50.

Reply to
ARW

A bit of an oddity on their site I think - it is actually one of the promotional items in their latest mail-shot and as of one minute ago says 336 in stock!

Fair enough.

I'm looking at buying four (possibly six) soon, but I've been spending too much on other things, so it can wait a bit.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I hated the first Hue warm white leds, very yellow, even tho I did prefer PAR38 floods inside the house to daylight fluoros.

I put the Hue warm whites in the less used rooms like the bedroom and the beer storage room and replaced them with what Hue calls white ambience which can be set to any color temp you like, and set them to as white as I can.

Don?t even notice the warm white in the bedroom anymore even I use that every single day. I don?t read in bed anymore tho, prefer ebooks with the easy dictionary and google and don?t find that reading ebooks in bed works as well.

Reply to
ZakJames

Just had the new one - a slim liquid-filled container from which you remove a thin plastic rod with a grooved end. Rub it on your saved deposit and pop it back into the container. Simples!

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I've just received my first bowel cancer screening invite, no cardboard sticks around here, apparently they will post an enema to be "applied" an hour before the appointment with a video camera up the bum, that'll be interesting as the hospital is almost an hour's drive away ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sounds like a half arsed approach. I really can?t see you getting adequate bowel clearance in that time and without proper clearance they can?t do a proper scope. Where is this happening?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Who needs a bidet? Couple of sheets of loo paper in your hand and then reach under and pinch off a lump as it emerges. Can?t get much simpler or less messy than that.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

This is just from the first leaflet they've sent, apparently they will send more info in a couple of months, if I choose to go ahead

They do say allow for up to half a day from start to finish

QMC Nottingham

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yep, same here. When I explained this to them it'll now involve arriving

30 minuted before the scope, when they'll enemyse me.

I'd add that 2 pals I've discussed this with won't go through screening because of this self-enema thing - I'm not that happy with it, TBH. I discussed this with them, and they said the 24 hour orally taken enema is for a different type of colonscopy.

Exactly what happened to a friend - they couldn't get a proper view because of it.

Reply to
RJH