Lavatory syphon problem

One of our toilets is acting up, when you come to press the handle to flush it, you feel no resistance against the wateer.

It is Derwent Macdee 3 part thing and uses a membrane as the plunger. am reluctant to fit another syphon and I would prefer to repair the broken one, but what can I use as the membrane?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Bit of medium grade plastic i.e cut from an old bag of potting compost.

Reply to
Roger Cain

Roger Cain explained :

A builders plastic refuse sack?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I used some plastic from one of those huge bags of cat litter. Works a treat.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

You can buy membranes in any plumbing supplies place for under a squid.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks, I wasn't sure of the rigidity to use. My original thought would have been too thick to allow the water through once the syphon had started.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks, when I see my local builder at lunchtime, I'll ask him for some.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'll be off looking Tuesday. Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

But isn't this uk.diy at a cheap price? :-)

I haven't looked at the failed one yet, I am suffering the 268 mile reaction to get the g daughters back to the half way point to re-unite them with their mother. Will look tomorrow, now I know what is wrong.

Cheers Dave

Reply to
Dave