Laminate - scotias etc

Hi,

I've just bought packs of laminate & accessories to do my living room. I have several questions:

Scotia: what is the best way to attach these to a painted skirting board? Pins? Glue? If so, what type? Will the scotia ever expand? If I cut it with a mitre to fit around the room, will it ever expand and pop out?

End profile: I'm going from laminate to carpet - both on concrete. I'll have to cut the carpet and attach it to one of those bits of wood with nails in it (gripper?). Will this look messy if I cut the carpet with a stanley knife up to the end profile? Are there any tricks to getting it to look right? It's a standard cheap nylon (polyester?) carpet that was put into the flat when they were built.

I bough Quick stepp 800. I have a sofa in the room, that won't move out easily. Is it ok to move it onto the 1/2 that's already layed, and finish the laminate off? Or is that a bit dodgy?

Reply to
Nick

(..oops I forgot to say ...)

thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick

Just about to do this in part to finish off the kitchen floor so I'm interesting in this answer. Brother-in-law used nonail of some sort to stick his on and that doesn't seem to have fallen off yet...

As I say, no problems with b-i-l

You mean on of the special fittings for joining laminate to carpet? They fit quite easily and I seem to recall there is a diagram on the top with some measurements of how close to cut. The one I used last week was from B&Q (floormaster?) and you fitted an aluminium strip to the floor, edge of carpet over one side and laminate layed on the other before clipping a capping piece on top to cover the joint. Seems to work fine.

Did it just like that in my front room a couple of years back with 2 sofas and a load of other furniture. Just down the kitchen and shuffled dishwasher, washing machine and fridge freezer with out problems.

Only thing to watch for is that you don't clout the tongues/grooves with anything. If they break then the board is no use.

HTH,

Darren

Reply to
dmc